Diploma in Civil Engineering (DAA)
DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING – DAA
To produce a graduate who has high standards in civil engineering, three programme educational objectives have been set up as follows:
- Technically Competent ; Produce quality of works at par with counterparts in the global markets
- Professionally attached to work place and the societies: Contribute as skillful assistant/associate Civil Engineers with desires to grow intellectually and professionally within local and global environment.
- Internalizing Lifelong Learning: Stayed informed to emerging technologies and contemporary issues and challenges facing career in the future.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) :
PLO1 Knowledge - apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to well-defined engineering procedures and practices;
PLO2 Problem Analysis - analyses well-defined engineering problems in their discipline with respect to operation and maintenance, including troubleshooting;
PLO3 Design/ Development of Solutions - conduct investigations and assist in the design of solutions for engineering systems;
PLO4 Investigation – Not address by this program.
PLO5 Modern Tool Usage - apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations;
PLO6 The Engineer & Society - demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities;
PLO7 Environment & Sustainability - demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development;
PLO8 Ethics - demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practices;
PLO9 Communication - communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large;
PLO10 Individual & Team Work - function effectively in a diverse technical team;
PLO11 Life Long Learning - recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
PLO12 Project Management & Finance - demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship;
Upon graduation, the graduates shall demonstrate:
- Knowledge in required disciplines
- Adequate technical and practical competency
- Competency to think critically and scientifically
- Effective communication skills
- Competency to undertake social responsibility
- Interest for lifelong learning and information management
- Competency in management and entrepreneurship
- Professionalism and good values, conduct and ethics
- Competency in leadership
Diploma in Civil Engineering - BAA (download pdf)